The new cycle path heads south from the tunnel towards Pentrebach
following the line of the old tramway which was used by all three ironwork
Unfortunately the original tramroad disappears as it enters Pentrebach
due to it crossing the A4060 slip road. The Northern end of the tramroad was
converted to a railway and terminated in a coal yard where the monument now
stands. It was last used in 1923.
South of Trevithick Tunnel
Kings Hill Troedyrhiw
Kings Hill Merthyr Vale
Black Lion Bridge
South of Darren Las
Stone Sleeper Path
Copyright © 2008 Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council. All Rights Reserved.