The path continues behind the Linde factory and into the village of
Troedyrhiw. The exact route of the tramroad could not be found in this
section due to the change in the landscape as a result of a land reclamation
scheme. Extensive drainage and earthworks were carried out here to enable
the path to be built
The Penydarren Company closed it’s works in 1859 but the Plymouth Company
prospered and purchased the four ninths of the Merthyr Tramroad for the sum
of £250,000 on 12th September 1863. The tramway was then used exclusively by
the Plymouth Company as the Penydarren Company never re-opened.
South of Trevithick Tunnel
Kings Hill Troedyrhiw
Kings Hill Merthyr Vale
Black Lion Bridge
South of Darren Las
Stone Sleeper Path
Copyright © 2008 Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council. All Rights Reserved.